Re: [MacPerl] [ANN] Mac::Utils::ProgressBar

ajf@afco.demon.co.uk (Alan Fry) writes:
>I haven't got to the bottom of this, but suspect it is to do with knowing
>when it is safe to change the graphics port(s). You can say 'SetPort(here)'
>and then 'now draw this here', but MacOS gives no indication back (so far
>as I can see) when it has finished. Hence you don't know when it is safe to
>release the port.

I suspect that the problem is a bit different: At the toolbox level, QuickDraw
*is* synchronous. However, MacPerl has a rather tricky execution model because
the cursor spinning and event handling is interleaved with normal execution. In
some versions of MacPerl, this led to the current GrafPort being changed behind
the programmer's back. The 21May98 release in the MacPerl beta directory
represents my latest attempt to fix these problems.

If you still experience such problems with this release, I'd like to see
examples.

Matthias

   "One fine day in my odd past..." -- Pixies, _Planet of Sound_