Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl and MIDI-Perl

Sean M. Burke, <sean@misinc.net> wrote;

>I just realized that I don't think I've ever mentioned here that my
>MIDI-Perl suite, for reading, writing, manipulating, and composing MIDI
>files
>(available at <http://www.lenzo.com/~sburke/pub/perl_midi/>, or in CPAN)
>works 100% fine under MacPerl.

Downloaded it several days ago, haven't played with it yet.

>However, it doesn't allow any real-time interfacing to the MIDI port, and
>won't, unless someone writes an XS or something.

Couldn't one use Mac::Movies to play MIDI files?  I know I can route MIDI
out from Quicktime Movies to my MIDI devices.

--Brian

# Fungal Parataxonomy                   Mycology Information (Mycoinfo)
# Webmaster, Staff Writer      **The World's First Mycology E-Journal**
# <mailto:webmaster@mycoinfo.com>            <http://www.mycoinfo.com/>
# "A couple of guys trying to do something great..."