Re: [MacPerl] unknown Error message

On 11/10/98, Brian McNett took the time to write:
>Chris Nandor <pudge@pobox.com> wrote:
>
>>At 13.22 -0500 1998.11.10, Patrick Beart wrote:
>>>	Matt Wright's "FormMail.pl" (version 1.5).
>>
>>That's your big problem.  His nickname is Matt Wrong.
>
>And with good reason.  No less than Tom Christiansen says to avoid all of
>Matt's programs.  Thery are many very good reasons why real programmers
>come down hard on Matt, but the top THREE are:
>
>1)  His code is very poor (full of bugs).
>2)  He makes no attempt to write SECURE code (running his code on your
>server creates a security risk).
>3)  He refuses to provide any support to people using it.
>
>My advice is to go to deja-news and look up "alternatives to FormMail.pl"
>in the comp.lang.perl.misc newsgroup.  This at least will provide some
>better starting point.

	Tried that suggestion, BTW. (THANKS!) DejaNews had a total of two
posts under that heading/query.
	The first post referenced a script called "Advanced Form
Mailer"(http://www.cgibuilder.com/afm/) by Scott Wimer
<scottw@cgibuilder.net>. Anybody heard of this, or have any comments on it??
	The second post referenced another option from dave@mag-sol.com.
This program is called "ms-mail" (http://www.mag-sol.com/Download.html ).
Documentation, here, is much more concise than the first script.

	Very helpful information from this list on the subject. Thanks to
all who responded.  : )

Patrick Bear

patrick@WebArchitecture.com       503-281-4147      Portland, OR
Web Architecture:   http://www.WebArchitecture.com

* Founding MEMBER *  Internet Professionals Northwest. (www.ipn.org)
* MEMBER * Webmaster's Guild/ Association of Internet Professionals