Re: [MacPerl] Testing a local CGI script

At 14:52 Uhr -0600 12.11.1998, w e b s l a v e wrote:

>If you're using Mac OS 8.0 or later (or whenever Web Sharing showed up!)
>The Web Sharing control panel works fine... quick-n-dirty, I constantly
>toss MacPerl cgi's into my 'Web Pages' folder to test. Sure, it takes
>some ram, but it's a bare-bones alternative to running yet another app
>in the form of a full-fledge web server...

Is it possible to test my own www retrival scripts using Web Sharing? I.e.
can I send http requests to retrieve web pages to my own machine without
being connected to the web? (Of course I won't be able to test the actual
download process, but I could play around with libWWW and check on the post
processing.) Has anybody tried this? How should I set it up? (As you might
judge from this question, I never do any cgis..., but a lot of web
surfing... ;) ).

__Peter Hartmann________

Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto, Japan

e-mail: