Re: [MacPerl] unknown Error message

At 5:43 PM -0800 11/9/98, Patrick Beart wrote:
>Folks:
>
>	Newbie to the list, and I have a question:
>
>I'm getting a "Premature end of script headers" error in the freeware PERL
>script that I'm trying to run for the client page. What does this mean?
>What would you recommend that I use (or do) to troubleshoot this error?
>Means nothing to me - I don't know where to look.

"Premature end of script headers" - are you using this PERL script as a WWW
CGI?  If it is, the error simply means that the web browser (or more likely
the server) doesn't understand why the main body of the message is coming,
when more headers are expected.

What kind of script is this?

Questions like this (no offense, please) give us no help, because we don't
know what the name of the script is, what it does, etc.  Please be aware
that the more info you give on the problem, the quicker and easier the
response will be.

I appreciate this list, it's helped me so much; and I hope you get the same
help, as long as we have enough information <grin>.  :)

>	TIA

Reply back to the list, please.

>Patrick Beart

>patrick@WebArchitecture.com       503-281-4147      Portland, OR
>Web Architecture:   http://www.WebArchitecture.com
>
>* Founding MEMBER *  Internet Professionals Northwest. (www.ipn.org)
>* MEMBER * Webmaster's Guild/ Association of Internet Professionals

--Tim