Re: [MacPerl] unknown Error message

At 10:22 AM -0800 11/10/98, Patrick Beart wrote:
>On 11/10/98, PwrSurge took the time to write:
>>At 5:43 PM -0800 11/9/98, Patrick Beart wrote:
>>>Folks:
>>>
>>>	Newbie to the list, and I have a question:
>>>
>>>I'm getting a "Premature end of script headers" error in the freeware PERL
>>>script that I'm trying to run for the client page. What does this mean?
>>>What would you recommend that I use (or do) to troubleshoot this error?
>>>Means nothing to me - I don't know where to look.
>>
>>"Premature end of script headers" - are you using this PERL script as a WWW
>>CGI?  If it is, the error simply means that the web browser (or more likely
>>the server) doesn't understand why the main body of the message is coming,
>>when more headers are expected.
>>

>>What kind of script is this?
>>
>	Matt Wright's "FormMail.pl" (version 1.5).

At least we have a name now; and I am going to find and try to duplicate
the problem.  As a INTERMEDIATE PERL programmer, I may not find the
problem.  I will Email you directly if I find the error and explain it.

>>Questions like this (no offense, please) give us no help, because we don't
>>know what the name of the script is, what it does, etc.  Please be aware
>>that the more info you give on the problem, the quicker and easier the
>>response will be.
>>
>	Sorry, didn't realize how important such things are.
>
>	I really don't like "FormMail". It has aspects that I can't find
>explanations for (such as when it says that it will mail a copy back to the
>sender, and doesn't), and extraneous aspects (such as allowing for the
>"Get" method, which I never use for basic forms processing).
>	Eventually, I'd like to create my own CGI script for processing
>HTML form data. I'm just finding it a bit difficult to get back into that
>mathematical/algebraic/logical mindset. Three books on PERL so far, and I
>still don't get it.

For CGI programming with PERL, I have yet to go wrong with  "CGI/PERL
Cookbook" (which is available at  http://www.cgi-perl.com  and an excellent
book) - and step through that.  :)

>Patrick Beart

>patrick@WebArchitecture.com       503-281-4147      Portland, OR
>Web Architecture:   http://www.WebArchitecture.com
>
>* Founding MEMBER *  Internet Professionals Northwest. (www.ipn.org)
>* MEMBER * Webmaster's Guild/ Association of Internet Professionals

--Tim