[MacPerl] >Dev:Console, Sorting, and Graphics

1) How do I clear output to >Dev:Console:Some Title with each run of a
script?  Always have to close the window with a mouse event--what a waste of
time.

2) Desperately seeking help on sorting.  How do I sort one array AND
reshuffle one or more other arrays along with the sorted array?   How do I
sort a multidimensional array on a single index?  I've read up on sort
through the Perl books and can't figure this one out.  I could mimic some
numerical recipes in FORTRAN but want to do it the Perl Way.

3) Desparately needing on-the-fly scatter and line plot capability from a
either a MacPerl script or a call to Applescript and Mac applications.
Suggestions?  Otherwise, I need to find a commercial package that can
reference an ASCII file for data instead of loading the data directly into
the program.  This way, my MacPerl scripts just simply update the ASCII file
and any plots derived from the files will be updated when opened or printed.
I'm using Kalidagraph currently, but doesn't allow for this.  Excel is even
worse.

4) Are there plans for a MacPerl Cookbook in Perl?  I have seen the
Unix-style version.

William H. Asquith
Hydrologist
asquith@macconnect.com