[MacPerl] Opening PICT files with MacPerl

There's a little footnote dealing with this in MPPE, and I've read what
the pod has to say.  Quite frankly toolbox calls are the single most
confusing thing about Mac programming.

Here's what I want to do.  I have two PICT files.  I would like to
display the first PICT when the program starts, and swap it for the
second when the mouse is inside the window.  How do I skip the first 512
bytes of the PICT file?

Uh...  Er, this is for the "all-dancing" part of the "all-singing,
all-dancing" MacPerl.

# Fungal Parataxonomy                   Mycology Information (Mycoinfo)
# Webmaster, Staff Writer      **The World's First Mycology E-Journal**
# <mailto:webmaster@mycoinfo.com>            <http://www.mycoinfo.com/>
# "A couple of guys trying to do something great..."