Re: [MacPerl] command line interface?

>At 19:56 -0800 12/14/98, Doug McNutt wrote:
>> >The script runs in macperl but I cannot give it the arguments.
>> >How do I do  that in macperl?
>>
>> The MPW perl tool offers a complete command line interface but...
>>
>> There will be a learning curve while you become fluent in the vagaries of
>> MPW. If you have any other uses for a command line or are familiar with a
>> UNIX shell I'd recommend it.
>
>There is also a non-trivial hit in disk space.  MPW is big. My MPW folder
>is 47MB.

[stuff deleted]

It doesn't *have* to be that large... if you are not using it for
software development you can prune it down to a lean, mean 5.3MB,
as I have. Removing the RIncludes and Tool server will save another
meg.

Here's my load:
	Interfaces:
		RIncludes:
	MPW Shell
	MPW.Help
	Perl_Folder
	Quit
	Quit Items:
	Scripts:
		AliasSourceServer
		CompareFiles
		CompareFiles*NextChange
		CompareFiles*Quit
		CompareRevisions
		Directory2
		DirectoryMenu
		DoIt
		InteractiveHelp
		Line
		MultiSearch
		NewKeyMap
		SetDirectory
		UnaliasSourceServer
		UserVariables
	Startup
	Startup Items:
		UserStartup*Perl
	SysErrs.err
	Tools:
		AboutBox
		Backup
		Canon
		Canon.Dict
		Choose
		CMarker
		Commando
		Compare
		ConvertExportList
		Count
		DeRez
		Entab
		FileDiv
		Gestalt
		Get
		GetErrorText
		GetFileName
		GetListItem
		Matchit
		Print
		ResEqual
		Rez
		RezDet
		SendAE
		SetPrivilege
		SetShellSize
		SetVersion
		Sort
		StreamEdit
		Translate
		VersionList
		WhereIs
	ToolServer
	User Commands:
	Worksheet
Mrs. Bun: Have you got anything without spam?
Waitress: Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got
much spam in it.
Mrs. Bun: I don't want any spam!