Re: [MacPerl] How to get ethernet addr macperl?

At 9:04 AM -0500 12/17/98, Chris Nandor wrote:
>At 08.53 -0500 1998.12.17, Leo Wierzbowski wrote:
>>Well, here is how I am doing it now.  Note that the ethernet hardware address
>>is
>>also known as the MAC address.  It is different than the TCP/IP address.
>>I use
>>DoAppleScipt and the Network Info OSAX from Carl Bell at Baylor
>><http://www.baylor.edu/~Carl_Bell/>:

<snip>

>Is there something wrong with just using this, then?  If it is a speed
>issue, you might want to try converting it to Apple Events.  See macperlcat
>for more info (Chris' AppleEvents Tutorial under Help, also a newer version
>probably available at http://pudge.net/macperl/).

I feel obligated to mention that this is less-than-portable from Mac to
Mac.  Because it does rely on an OSAX, said OSAX would have to move along
with the code.  In addition, the installation of an OSAX is not completely
trivial.  In order for the OSAX to be useful, something must be done to
cause AppleScript to load the OSAX into memory.  This isn't hard, basically
just compile an AppleScript - although MacPerl might do this when it
executes "DoAppleScript"?

-Jeff Lowrey