Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl port

At 1:22 AM +0100 12/18/98, Jean-Charles BERTIN wrote:

} Hi !
}
} I spent the last weekend to port differents CPAN modules to MacPerl:
} MailTools-1.12

This you should not have needed to port.  See
<http://www.connect.net/gbarr/cpan-test/by-dist/MailTools.html >.

Send the changes you needed to make to the list or send a Unix diff to
MailTool's author, Graham Barr.  But there shouldn't have been anything
left to fix, so I'm curious as to what you think needed fixing (and I can't
get through to your ftp site).  In any event, since Graham is quite willing
to support MacPerl, the changes should be included in the main source.

} MIME-Base64-2.09

Similarly here.  There should be nothing that needs changing.  Chris has
this module compiled for MacPerl at his site <http://pudge.net/macperl/>.

} MIME-tools-4.121
}

Here there might indeed be some issues, although the test suite passes
without changes.

} I correct few problems with line endings and file paths. To see
} differences,
} compare them with the original CPAN modules. You need also the
} 'libnet-1.0605'
} modify by Paul Schinder for these modules to work.

libnet is now up to 1.0606, and includes full MacPerl support out of the
box.  You can find it at any CPAN site.

}
} You can find these modules at <ftp://ftp.mipsys.com/JCB/perl/>.
} Warning !!! the server may be down most of the time since it's behind a
} PPP access.
} Jean-Charles BERTIN           <mailto:jc.bertin@mipsys.com>
} Software engineer
} MIPSYS                              Tel.: +33 1 64 86 26 00
}

-----
Paul J. Schinder
schinder@pobox.com