Re: [MacPerl] Open Source implementations of programminglanguages?

At 03:01 -0800 12/21/98, Georg Bauer wrote:
> >But who is using a Mac Haskell interpreter?  :)
>
> I used Yale Haskell under MCL for some time. But only out of curiosity, it
> really wasn't that usefull. Clean gives much better performance and most
> of the nice features of Haskell (only Monads are missing, they have a
> different idea towards solving the sequentialization-problem with their
> unique types).

This is way off topic of course, but...

I love hearing from people who use Haskell.  I have never used it myself
but Haskell Curry, for whom it was named, and his wife Virginia, lived
across the street from my family when I was growing up. Nice folks. I
remember him as an absent-minded professor in purple socks :-)

Vicki
---
Vicki Brown <vlb@cfcl.com>           |\      _,,,---,,_
Journeyman Sourceror           ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
Scripts & Philtres                  |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
P.O. Box 1269, San Bruno CA 94066  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb      http://www.ptf.com/macperl