Re: [MacPerl] Open Source implementations of programming languages?

On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, Tony L. Svanstrom wrote:

> >As far as having alternative programming languages for the Mac goes, I'd
> >really like to know what's out there in Open Source.  Here's a starting
> >point; if folks will send me info, I'll summarize and re-post...
> >
> >* GCC
> >  I don't see a port listed for Mac OS, but I've heard of one...
>
> Same here; I've heard of one as well as have tried to find one, but without
> any sucess at all. :-(

It's gcc 1.37, I believe, running under MPW, and the other options
mentioned are far better.  Get MachTen, switch boot to the Mac Linux or
BSD of your choice, hold out for MacOS X, but don't waste your time on
that one.  IMO.

I believe there are several Mac Haskell interpreters, and as Georg Bauer
mentioned the free compilers list has many more mentioned.  (I used xlisp
2.1 for the Mac in several classes--not MCL, but effective on no budget.)
But who is using a Mac Haskell interpreter?  :)

--
MattLangford