Re: [MacPerl] macperl minimal install

At 23.23 -0500 1998.12.19, adjei wrote:
>Macperl takes about 40 megs on my hard drive. All I want to do is to run
>scripts. I do not do any developments. What items in the lib folder do I need?

Possibly, everything.  That is where MacPerl stores its standard modules.
You can throw away the pod folder if you don't want docs, but then when
someone tells you to look in the docs, you won't be able to and we'll be
mad at you.  :)

You can also reformat your drive for HFS+ under some conditions, which will
lower the amount of space required.  I have no idea how MacPerl could take
40MB, anyway.  My MacPerl folder takes 30MB, and I have extra docs, 6
MacPerl binaries (including a debug SYM file), extra extensions in MacPerl
Extensions, etc.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])