Re: [MacPerl] libwww-perl-5.41 now available

At 09.49 -0500 1998.12.22, Arved Sandstrom wrote:
>So if I could make a suggestion, maybe we could put this out to the list.
>Who's actually *porting* modules, who's willing to do _that_ as part of a
>coordinated effort, and then maybe we can sit down (figuratively) and make
>a list of modules that need to be looked at, and divvy them up. And maybe
>some X-testing can then go on between members of this smaller grup before
>a final Mac-compatible product is put up on CPAN.

I think we need to get these new mailing lists running.  One of them could
be for module authors and porters.  I can get Nat to set them up on
perl.org.  I don't know if macperl-modules and macperl-porters should be
separate at first.  Maybe for starters they can be one list, until we have
enough separate volumes to justify two lists.  Don't dilute the brain
concentration until we have too.

>Just some thoughts. I'm personally very willing to spend some time on this
>kind of thing - time is not necessarily the problem. What is the problem
>for me is that when I commit to porting a module, my 2 or 3 or 4 hours
>spent on it may be spread over 2 weeks, because of other commitments, and
>quite frankly, because even most of my computing free time is devoted to
>other stuff. And a few times I've been halfway through, and someone's
>announced on the list that the thing got ported. So after a while... you
>see my point?

Absolutely.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])