Re: [MacPerl] Mac CPAN (was: libwww-perl-5.41 now available)

At 06.21 -0500 1998.12.23, Georg Bauer wrote:
>But I don't think that .tar.gz is really a problem for Mac users: both
>SUN-tar and gzip are free for Macs and it is quite easy to unpack, even if
>you don't have Stuffit or ZipIt. So I think that .tar.gz isn't much of a
>hurdle if you need it - maybe tar and gzip could be packaged with MacPerl,
>so that a new MacPerl user automatically gets them?

I personally think suntar is a pain to use, and MacGzip is significantly
less easy than Stuffit Expander w/ EE.  That said, I think bundling
Compress::Zlib and Archive::Tar with MacPerl may not be a bad idea, along
with a droplet to unpack archives, which is something that is easy to do,
and I am working on it.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])