Re: [MacPerl] libwww-perl-5.41 now available

As a MacPerl newbie I have to agree with Vicki on this one:

>Again in my opionion, I think the newbies are more likely to be confused by
>being unable to find much of anything for MacPerl in the _Comprehensive_
>Perl Archive Network than they are going to be by the need to upgrade to
>DropStuff w/EE. They may be Perl newbies but that's no reason to assume
>they are Mac newbies as well.

I have tried in the past downloading modules from CPAN because I know CPAN
exists, rather than because the modules I've downloaded can work on my comp.

But I think there's another point here - the quantity of Loser98/NT modules
is prolific, as are the UN*x. I'm not arguing that these OS's aren't
perhaps more diffuse than the MacOS - what I am suggesting is tho, that the
number of modules might be used as a gauge, consciously or not, of the
interest behind and/or the 'seriousness' of an 'alien port'.

I get this feeling that the Mac is lumped in with the other "hobbyist"
stuff along with ZX Spectrum emulators - but forget it if you need to do a
_real_ script, the same way steam train enthusiasts use a car when the
_really_ have to be somewhere.

Or maybe I'm just overreacting