Re: [MacPerl] Passing Text to a Browser

>As noted by others, 127.0.0.1 is the address reserved for a machine's
>loopback interface.
If I could add on everybody's in the world but mine it seems :(

Before starting I apologise upfront  for the off topic posting - but for
the record I have already set up my TCP/IP control panel so that it is
running on: connect via AppleScript IP + Configure using MacIP manually +
selected current AppleTalk zone + I have set the IPaddress to 244.244.244.2
(244.244.244.1 is the other computer on my mini Internet, duly mapped on a
Host file which I keep in the system folders of both comps)

However I cannot access a HTTP server on either of the nodes of the LAN by
any means whatsoever, as Netscape inevitably attempts to make a "live"
connection at which point if I stop the connection Netscape throws up an
error dialog stating that it couldn't make a network socket. If I allow the
connection Netscape tries to find whatever DNS I fed it (including
127.0.0.1) on the vast undulating planes of the Internet and not in my mini
version.

I have tried using the proxy options to force Netscape to go through the
other comp in the LAN (which doesn't have a modem or connection software).
I have tried setting my connection software to "manual connection" hoping
to fool Netscape into believing it has a network socket, all to no avail.

if anyone can help with this,  here are the main player in this kitchen
sink drama:

Performa 5430
OS J2-7.5.3
Open Transport 1.1.2