Re: [MacPerl] How files are read in - followup

Thanks all for the lessons on reading in files. I think I mostly understand now.

I do want to ask about $/, though.
In MacPerl, it's normally "/r"?

All my previous Perl experience is via FTP and browser with our ISP's UNIX web
server. I've only recently installed MacPerl on my machine. - So I'm used to
using \n, but for stuff I do locally on Mac's I need to change that to \r?

Or can I define $/ to whatever I happen to be using, as in

in every program and just always use \n?

Thanks so much for taking the time to clue me in. And thanks, also to Carl
Johan Berglund for the last name sorter.

Ann

P.S. to Bart: Sorry 'bout the VCARD crud. I agree, but my boss likes 'em and I
forget they're there.