[MacPerl] How do I get filename from a URL ?

Hi all

Before you all attack me for asking so stupid a question (:-) - I
better say I am VERY new to Perl - actually this is my first
week.

Ok here it comes - my problem:

I have a FORM (on a HTML-page on a server). I get all the right
info to my CGI (if I output it on a page I can read all that is
expected) - but now I would very much like to extract a filename
from a path.

>From the FORM I could (It is user-input) get :

$File = "C:\Work\texts\document1.txt" (From PC)
or
$File = "Harddisk:Work:texts:document 1" (From Mac)

<SNIP>
.
.
	$Filename = $File;

        #Here I would like to get only the filename
	Fname = ???$Filename???

	print("FILE = \"$Fname\"");
.
.
<SNIP>

I am running the CGI as ACGI on a Web* server and pre made
scripts run fine.

I know it must be simple, but as said I am very new, so any hints
would be very appreciated.

Lot of thanks in advance.

Lars 'stenone' Skjellerup

* Lars G. Skjellerup                                       *
* Web designer/Programmer - Software Tester                *
* Silkeborg Bibliotek  Phone:  (+45) 86820233 ext. 380     *
* Hostrupsgade 41 A    Fax:    (+45) 86802679              *
* DK 8600 Silkeborg    E-mail: stenone@silkeborg.bib.dk    *
* Denmark                      stenone@netscape.net        *
*                              stenone@hotmail.com         *
*                              stenone@yahoo.com           *