[MacPerl] CPAN.pm and MPW

Hi,

I'm trying to use the CPAN module from MPW and I'm getting the following error:
 perl -MCPAN -e 'shell'

 cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v1.44)
 ReadLine support available (try ``install Bundle::CPAN'')

 cpan> i /CPAN/
 Going to read
schlampe:Systemordner:Preferences:.cpan:sources:authors:01mailrc.txt.gz
 CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok
 # gzopen: file parameter is not a filehandle or filename at
schlampe:_prg:MacPerl:MacPerl
 5.2:MacPerl Ä:site_perl:CPAN.pm line 3902
 cpan>

When I quit then, it crashes into MacsBug. Also, when I run with -d, I see
that Compress::Zlib::isaFilename returns false for "01mailrc.txt.gz" but
the path and the file are ok. Running with MacPerl App everything goes well.
Any idea?

Thanks, Michael

-
Michael Ziege