Re: [MacPerl] crashes

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:49:08 -0800, Rich Morin wrote:

>My G3, OTOH, crashes at least weekly.
>(The number is high because of lots of applications
>and 24/7 operation; low because I am rather conservative about the
>apps I put/keep on the box.)

High?!?

At work, we do prepress (DTP + Photoshop) too. In my experience, every
Mac crashes on average (rough guess) once every hour, every working day.
That's 40 crashes a day for 5 Macs. Oh yes, you come to loathe that
Mac-starting-up chord.

And no, MacPerl is not amongst the guilty. I've had occasional crashes
with it, but they were all memory related. MacPerl doesn't always run
out of memory in an elegant way.

	Bart.