Re: [MacPerl] Perl Shared Library (was Re: [MacPerl] ports and builds)

At 11:21 -0800 1/24/99, Brian "L." Matthews wrote:
> Richard Gordon writes:
> |First, have you found that when working in Perl, crashes are actually any
> |more frequent under MacOS?
>
> Yes, much more frequent. I can't remember the last time I core dumped a
> Unix perl. Admittedly, probably 99.9% of my MacPerl problems are memory
> related, but a crash is a crash, and Mac crashes are usually more deadly
> than Unix crashes (see below).

Crashes are more frequent under MacOS than under *nix, yes.

But crashes under MacOS are no more frequent with MacPerl runnning than not.
At least in my experience.

I have seen no reason to believe that MacPerl (or anything I am currently
running, with the possible exception of the Finder :-) could be considered
"crashy".

---
      |\      _,,,---,,_       Vicki Brown <vlb@cfcl.com>
ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_   Journeyman Sourceror: Scripts & Philtres
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)       http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb  www.ptf.com/macperl