[MacPerl] Totally off-topic - bits and pieces

<x-flowed>At 11:12 -0800 1/28/99, Brian McNett wrote:
>> Actually, emulator is not quite right. You need an actual copy of MacOS to
>> use it. You get MacOS, and it's misbehaved apps, running as a separate
>> process under BeOS and LinuxPPC (Real Soon Nowª).
>
> "Real Soon Nowª" is who's trademark exactly? AFAIK, Jerry Pournelle
> originated this in the pages of BYTE (rip) nearly two decades ago
> or more.

I think it's also (originally?) a variant on "Real Soon" which comes
from the movie "Buckaroo Bonzai, Across the 5th Dimension."

"When are we going?  Real Soon!"

Also cmactex http://www.kiffe.com/cmactex.html
and see The Macintosh TeX/LaTeX Software pages http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

At 14:39 -0600 1/28/99, w e b s l a v e wrote:
>>On a Unix, I would type "sync" to get all cached data written
>
> There is (was) a control panel I used to use, can't remember the name,
> it basically recorded all of your keystrokes to a text file, one per

SmartKeys will capture keystrokes.  How often it recycles is an
option. It also deals with transpositions, doubled initial caps, and
it can DISABLE the #%!@^!! caps lock key.  http://swww.fluxsoft.com

- Vicki

Yoyodyne Systems.  Where the Future is Here, Tomorrow...
---
      |\      _,,,---,,_       Vicki Brown <vlb@cfcl.com>
ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_   Journeyman Sourceror: Scripts & Philtres
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)       http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb  www.ptf.com/macperl