Re: [MacPerl] looking at Mac OS X

> Actually, emulator is not quite right. You need an actual copy of MacOS to
> use it. You get MacOS, and it's misbehaved apps, running as a separate
> process under BeOS and LinuxPPC (Real Soon Nowª).

"Real Soon Nowª" is who's trademark exactly? AFAIK, Jerry Pournelle originated this in the pages of BYTE (rip) nearly two decades ago or more.  However, the project LOOKS impressive.  There's a caveat about applications that make direct access to the Mac hardware (but this has been a no-no on the Mac for a Looooong time IIRC).

I agree that emulator is not the right word.  Apps under SheepShaver run natively, much closer to the Raphsody blue box (again rip).

# Fungal Parataxonomy                   Mycology Information (Mycoinfo)
# Webmaster, Staff Writer      **The World's First Mycology E-Journal**
# <mailto:webmaster@mycoinfo.com>            <http://www.mycoinfo.com/>
# Ask me about TAXY <http://www.mycoinfo.com/taxy/>