Re: [MacPerl] Chatbot::Eliza

>I used CPAN.pm to install it, then opened up twobots.pl, and ran it in an
>untitled window and I got:

Yes, CPAN.pm would make my life easier.  My only problem is the 40meg memory requirement. I'm told by my business partner that a memory upgrade is on it's way to me Real Soon Nowª.

> Sally:  I'm sure it's not pleasant to be sad.
> Harry:  I am sorry to hear that you are sad.
> Sally:  Apologies are not necessary.
> Harry:  Possibly they are not necessary.
> Sally:  What if they were not not necessary?
> Harry:  What do you know about they was not not necessary?
> Sally:  Tell me more about that.
> Harry:  I'm not sure I understand you fully.
> Sally:  Is it because you are not sure you understand me fully that you
> came to me?
> Harry:  What makes you think I am not sure me understand you fully that me
> came to you?

The purpose of this is to show the limitations of Eliza.

Take a look at the sample Eliza script in the file "doctor.txt".  Both bots in the sample use it.  It should be possible to have multiple scripts, perhaps a "neurotic.txt", to make the conversation more interesting.

Thanks.

--Brian

# Fungal Parataxonomy                   Mycology Information (Mycoinfo)
# Webmaster, Staff Writer      **The World's First Mycology E-Journal**
# <mailto:webmaster@mycoinfo.com>            <http://www.mycoinfo.com/>
# Ask me about TAXY <http://www.mycoinfo.com/taxy/>