Re: [MacPerl] Chatbot::Eliza

At 15.02 -0500 1999.01.28, Brian McNett wrote:
>> Yeah, I've got it working. Haven't done much, however, insofar as writing
>> any apps that use it. I just put the Eliza.pm in my site_perl, opened the
>> sample code provided in the distribution and saved it as a droplet, then,
>> double-click the droplet. Works fine.
>
>It's not working for me.  I'm actually thinking about doing an interface
>with Mac::Speech.  At least know I know the module should work as
>advertised.

I used CPAN.pm to install it, then opened up twobots.pl, and ran it in an
untitled window and I got:

Sally:  I'm sure it's not pleasant to be sad.
Harry:  I am sorry to hear that you are sad.
Sally:  Apologies are not necessary.
Harry:  Possibly they are not necessary.
Sally:  What if they were not not necessary?
Harry:  What do you know about they was not not necessary?
Sally:  Tell me more about that.
Harry:  I'm not sure I understand you fully.
Sally:  Is it because you are not sure you understand me fully that you
came to me?
Harry:  What makes you think I am not sure me understand you fully that me
came to you?

Then I tried simple.pl:

Welcome to your therapy session.
Your therapist's name is Liz.

Liz:	How do you do.  Please tell me your problem.
you:	ok
Liz:	Please go on.
you:	no
Liz:	Why not?
you:	i hate you
Liz:	Do you wish to hate me?
you:	yes
Liz:	Why don't you tell me a little more about this.
you:	no
Liz:	Are you saying no just to be negative?
you:	die!
Liz:	That is interesting. Please continue.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])