Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl and XML

At 00.32 -0500 1999.01.29, Jeff at MacTech wrote:
>I suppose I could just install it an see, but I'll ask anyway: I thought
>that the "standard" XML-Parser called expat as an external app to do the
>actual parsing. Has it now been wrapped into an XS library, or was it
>always this way (or something else)?

XML::Parser, as far as I know, always called expat via XS.  There is an
XML::Parser::Expat module and corresponding shared library.

Interesting note is that Arved and I found a bug in expat.  :)  XML is
supposed to use the character \012 for newlines, but instead, the parser
uses \n, which, as you know, differs in value from compiler to compiler (or
library to library) on a Mac.

Aside from that one problem (and some headaches getting all the files in
the right places, which is just Makefile and Build Rules stuff) XML::Parser
built fine for MacPerl, as I recall.  Arved is building it now though, so
maybe he has more to add.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])