Re: [MacPerl] looking at Mac OS X

Jeff at MacTech wrote (1/25/99 11:09 PM):

>From what I heard, they plan to hide the "Unixness" as much as possible.
>On the other hand, I'm sure they are going to make certain that it can run
>Apache and friends, so Perl will probably run. I'm not sure how they are
>going to pull this off, other than not bundling the Terminal
>(command-line) app.

Something that has been nibbling at me about MacOS X is the file system.
What is it going to be? If it's HFS+, or a derivative of it, how that fit
in with the BSD Unix architecture? If it's UFS, or some other UNIX-ish
file system, how will users upgrade their existing systems?
Most users won't be able to back up their entire system and partition and
newfs their disks, so how is the upgrade supposed to be done?

Any insight? Or any guesses?