Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 14:58:47 GMT
From: bart.lateur@skynet.be (Bart Lateur)
Subject: Re: [MacPerl] scriptable text editor

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999 08:11:32 -0400, Chris Nandor wrote:

>I cannot find a copy of
>Scriptable Text Editor anywhere.  Anyone have a link?

It was on the floppy included with Danny Goodman's "Applescript
Handbook".

	Bart.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 10:04:15 -0500
From: "Jefferson R. Lowrey" <lowrey@mailbag.com>

At 10:09 AM -0400 4/8/99, Chris Nandor wrote:
>At 09.41 -0400 1999.04.08, Jefferson R. Lowrey wrote:
>>At 8:11 AM -0400 4/8/99, Chris Nandor wrote:
>>>I checked with url on EFnet (an infobot in Perl (that was written up in
>>>TPJ) on IRC that stores links to stuff, especially Mac stuff), I checked
>>>the AppleScript SDK (which just has STE release notes), I looked in the
>>>Apple FTP sites, I searched the Apple site, and I cannot find a copy of
>>>Scriptable Text Editor anywhere.  Anyone have a link?
>>>

>>It's buried inside the Applescript SDK.  It's not available as an
>>individual download.
>
>I have the SDK.  It isn't there.  A folder containing release notes is there.

I've confirmed that it was part of the OLD sdk, and not available where it
used to be.

It used to be available as part of
<ftp://ftp.apple.com/devworld/Development_Kits/AppleScript/AppleScript_Set
up/Apple%27s_Scripting_Syste.sit.hqx>

However, 7Edit, availabe in
ftp://ftp.apple.com//devworld/Tool_Chest/OS_Utilities/Apple_Events/AE_Sample_App
lications.sit.hqx

might serve just as well.  In particular, it supports some of the same odd
AppleEvent terminology that our favorite perl editor does (like "Spot").

Jeff Lowrey

------------------------------

At 8:11 Uhr -0400 08.04.1999, Chris Nandor wrote:
>I checked with url on EFnet (an infobot in Perl (that was written up in
>TPJ) on IRC that stores links to stuff, especially Mac stuff), I checked
>the AppleScript SDK (which just has STE release notes), I looked in the
>Apple FTP sites, I searched the Apple site, and I cannot find a copy of
>Scriptable Text Editor anywhere.  Anyone have a link?
>
>Thanks,

The only location I know of is Danny Goodman's FTP site. It is
contained in his 1MB tutorial file package called AppleScript
Handbook. Kind of heavy considering that Scriptable Text Editor is
only about 100k, uncompressed.

ftp://ftp12.ba.best.com/pub/dgoodman/ASHandbook.sit.hqx

__Peter Hartmann________

mailto:hartmann@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp (preferred)
mailto:phv00542@askic.kic.ritsumei.ac.jp (rarely checked)