Re: [MacPerl] CGI scripts with WebTen

At 13.01 -0400 1999.04.23, Schwartz, Todd wrote:
>Is anyone running MacPerl CGI scripts with the WebTen server?  If so, has
>anyone figured out how to get the PATH_INFO and PATH_TRANSLATED variables to
>be propagated correctly?

WebTen has its own built-in perl interpreter, as I understand.  It'd
probably be better to use that than to use MacPerl CGI Scripts.

As to PATH_INFO, it is documented under Environment Variables in the CGI
chapter of the MacPerl book.  I don't know offhand if PATH_TRANSLATED is in
the same boat.  You need an extra $ symbol to make it work in Mac OS (same
with AppleScript CGIs).  That is,

  http://host/cgi-bin/cgi.cgi/path/info?foo=bar

becomes:

  http://host/cgi-bin/cgi.cgi$/path/info?foo=bar

Not having experience with WebTen, I don't know if it works in a similar
way, but I imagine it would if it uses the WebStar API for CGI scripts.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])