Re: [MacPerl] How to call a compiled C++ program

On 4/22/99 at 8:10 AM, pudge@pobox.com (Chris Nandor) wrote:

> At 17.20 -0400 1999.04.21, bobbys wrote:
> >I'm looking to call a compiled c++ app from a perl script. Once the app
> >runs, I
> >need the perl script to continue.
> >
> >Can anyone point me in the right direction? (ie, a hint at what I should be
> >looking for to accomplish this)
>
> MacPerl itself cannot do this.

Okay, that's what I figured :-(

I am not familiar with MPW, and I don't have the time this week to play with it
enough.

As far as MacPerl itself not being able to do this, is there a way for Perl on a
UNIX box (ie, MacOS X Server) to do so? If so, what would I need to do to set
the Perl script to the result of the c++ app? Apologies if this is now straying
to far away from this specific list.... I'd appreciate any advice (offline may
be called for).

Thanks!

Perl Rocks!