Re: [MacPerl] CommConnect parameters

At 11:23 PM -0700 4/19/99, David Muller wrote:

} Hi,
} I've just started using Macperl but I can't seem to determine how to use
} CommConnect to change my express modem settings to answer, enter AT
} commands or dial a phone number via my express modem.

Why do you want to do this?  It's never necessary if all you're doing is
establishing a PPP connection.  Your Mac already knows all about this.  Do
you have something else in mind?

}
} What I'd really like to do is initiate a TCP/IP connection...can anyone
} point me in the right direction?

Simplest  way is

MacPerl::DoAppleScript("PPP connect");

assuming you're using a modern system and Open Transport.  (Applescript is,
on very rare occasions, good for something.)  You can get more
sophisticated than this by sending the AppleEvent corresponding to this
directly from MacPerl.

} -Dave

-----
Paul J. Schinder