Re: [MacPerl] Yet more on linefeeds.

>>Any of the 3 line endings work in Perl scripts on Windows. The default
>>It is Perl on Unix (before 5.005, I understand) that doesn't like \015.
>
>Brand new download to two different Windoze boxes from ActiveState.
>
>perl accepts \r\n but fails with \n or \r by themselves.
>MSWord seems to accept anything.
>
>Perhaps ActiveState hasn't really picked up 5.005.

Are we talking about the same thing? I'm not talking about print "\n", "\r"
etc... but about the line endings in the script file. All 3 scripts work
fine on my Win95, with the old AS port 5.003_07 (build 316), the GS port
5.004_02 and the latest AS port 5.005_03 (buil 515).

So for Windows, you have to take care of what you print from your script in
print statements, but not of what your script file's line endings are.