Re: [MacPerl] Problem with Random module

>> The files you describe below are all inside the site_perl folder, and I
>> double checked to make sure that the path "Data:MacPerl f:site_perl" is
>> listed in my search paths under Preferences.  I must have some unobvious
>> thing slightly misset - if/when I find it, I'll let you know!  By the
>> way, I also used BBEdit to make sure the files were in Mac text format,
>> even though I did use your build from the beginning.
>>
>I don't see what else it would be, other than paths, if as you say (and as
>Paul Schinder suggested) the PM file and example script are Mac linefeed.
>
>Incidentally, using one of our binary builds is no guarantee that you're
>getting Mac-ish text files. In fact, since these builds go up on CPAN, and
>because Readme files ae automatically extracted from .tar.gz
>distributions, the text files in our packed builds are Unix format. So,
>unless you use Chris' untarzipme and/or 'installme' scripts, you have to
>be careful, and manually check and convert each one. Stuffit Expander
>catches some files during a decompression, but not nearly all of them.

OK, you're right - I made a mistake, and one of the files did still have
UNIX format.  Once I (successfully) converted that to Mac format
everything worked fine.

Sorry for the confusion - I clearly need to find the untarzipme!

Rick

Texas A&M University
Dept. of Geology & Geophysics
MS 3115