[MacPerl] scrolling chat logfile

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie using macperl and cgi and I have a question.  I have finally
figured out how to write and array with a form to a logfile and then read
the logfile using another cgi script.  I'm doing this for a web chat and
what I want to do is limit the total number of entries on the log file to
about ten (because I want the file to remain a relatively constant small
size)  I have discovered the unshift and the shift commands but I'm just
having trouble getting it to do what I want it to do. (add a new entry at
the bottom and delete the oldest entry at the top of the list.  Should I try
and write an array within an array or something like that? If anyone has any
suggestions that would be great!

thanks,
-Gene