Re: [MacPerl] Line at a time mail client

>I sometimes telnet to my POP server directly, and will delete messages I
>don't want to download with the DELE command.
>
>But I am not normal.

Either you, or your mail client... :-)

(You should be able to set up a max size in any decent mail client, and
messages over that size will be left at the server and only the headers
retrieved)

A lot can be done by Net::POP3 too, as someone else suggested. You can get
the headers and sizes etc..., and since it's a subclass of Net::Cmd, I
suppose it should be possible to use it's own methods or subclass and add
your own to read piece by piece.

On the other hand, I'm not sure it's worth bothering if that's the only
motivation: just set a limit in your mail client config. And I also don't
believe all mail clients store the whole message including attachments in
memory before saving. I sometimes rely on mail to move huge files around
when FTP needs too much looking after because of a bad connection. Never
had a problem (using Eudora 4, and with people using that horrible MS thing)