Re: [MacPerl] get urls

At 08.56 -0400 1999.04.13, George Michel wrote:
>I now have two sites  that I cannot access with Perl or MacPerl using LWP
>(seems to be a problem with POST requests and redirects) and would find a
>technique to use the browser to grab the data a very useful tool, if not an
>elegant one.

LWP should be able to handle it, though you might have to finagle it a bit.
For example, you can do POST with LWP, though it takes extra work.  There
is one site I grab the daily Dilbert comic from (SJ Mercury News) that
requires you to come from another page, so I use LWP to fake the
HTTP_REFERER header.  You can really pretty much do anything with LWP, but
with some sites, it might take some work.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])