Re: [MacPerl] Oracle access

On 4/27/99 at 1:48 PM, richard@crl.com (Richard Christensen) wrote:

> The question that is posed is:  Can I use MacPerl to access the database
> and massage the data into tab-formatted data.

If Excel really won't work in your environment, you'd be much, much happier
with a bigtime SQL query app like BrioQuery or Voyant than you would rolling
your own perl solution.  Yes, it's possible, but unless you pay someone or
stumble across some singularly generous individuals, you're going to have to
learn substantially more about databases and networks than it sounds like
you'd like.

http://www.brossco.fi
http://www.brio.com

  -nat