[MacPerl] Oracle access

Believe it or not I did try the archive first.

I need to do a query to an oracle database on a VAX system from my Mac.
I ideal solution would have been to extract the data from Excel to Excel
using their ODBC "stuff" (sorry, I am not a database person).  I was told
by our desktop admins that MS didn't update the ODBC for Office 98 and
are several Oracle versions behind. Therefore, according to them I am SOL.

The question that is posed is:  Can I use MacPerl to access the database
and massage the data into tab-formatted data.  Please keep the
suggestions simple so that I can understand them.  I don't know what DBM,
etc mean.  Yes, the two computers are networked.  I can use fetch and
Mac320 to gain access, but I would like to automate the retrieval.

Thanks.

--