Re: [MacPerl] sitemapper.pl and 'ReadKey.xs' on mac

On Fri, Apr 30, 1999 at 01:01:35PM -0300, Arved_37@chebucto.ns.ca wrote:
} Short and sweet, no. :-) If you look at the guts of 'ReadKey.xs' or most
} any other source file in the Term namespace, they're crawling with code
} which is specific to character terminals. Macs don't grok character-oriented
} terminal display. As an aside, this must have been one of the grossest things
} that the MkLinux/LinuxPPC folks had to wrestle with, because this issue goes
} really deep.

Alan Cox mentioned this in an interview in a recent Linux Journal
about porting Linux to m68k.  He was suprised, for example, to learn
that the rounded corners on the Mac screen display were done in
software.  (Sure enough, I'm running Linux on my wife's G3 at the
moment and the corners are square.)

}
} I think your best bet may be to look at the functionality of the
} 'sitemapper.pl' script, decide exactly what it is that Term::Readkey is doing
} for that script, and can it be replaced? I looked for it on Altavista, and
} couldn't find it. I'd be happy to take a look if you emailed it.
}
} Arved
} This mail sent through Chebucto IMP: http://IMP.Chebucto.NS.Ca

Paul Schinder