Re: [MacPerl] sitemapper.pl and 'ReadKey.xs' on mac

Quoting =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Jose <stephane.jose@sympatico.ca>:

> Hi,
>
> has anyone managed to make the 'sitemapper.pl' script work on Mac?
>
> I am stuck because it uses the Term::ReadKey.pm module which requires
> 'ReadKey.xs'.
>
> # Can't find loadable object for module Term::ReadKey in @INC (6GB
> Interne:01_Travaux:site_perl 2GB Interne:Applications:Programmation:MacPerl
> Ÿ:lib:MacPPC 2GB Interne:Applications:Programmation:MacPerl Ÿ:lib
> Dev:Pseudo)
>
> Is there a mac port of 'ReadKey.xs'?

Short and sweet, no. :-) If you look at the guts of 'ReadKey.xs' or most
any other source file in the Term namespace, they're crawling with code
which is specific to character terminals. Macs don't grok character-oriented
terminal display. As an aside, this must have been one of the grossest things
that the MkLinux/LinuxPPC folks had to wrestle with, because this issue goes
really deep.

I think your best bet may be to look at the functionality of the
'sitemapper.pl' script, decide exactly what it is that Term::Readkey is doing
for that script, and can it be replaced? I looked for it on Altavista, and
couldn't find it. I'd be happy to take a look if you emailed it.

Arved