[MacPerl] 3D Ball 2.1 question

First let me say if I could write this program I'd quit my day job.

The question I have about 3D Ball 2.1 is about the motion of the ball. When
I run the program the ball moves very slowly, and is jerky in its motion.
The program also seems to stop while it is calculating its next movement.
However, when I just move the mouse every thing is quite the oppsite. The
speed of the ball is fast and its motion is very smooth, and at no time
does the program come to a stop while the next movement is calculated. What
is going on? Does the same thing happen on other Macs? Or did I not read
the comments in the program correctly? I appears that some sort of hardware
interrupt is delaying the program until the mouse is moved.

I am running MacPerl version 5.2.0r4, on an Ice/Blue 300 G3, with 128 Meg
of ram, and OS 8.5.1. I have bumped up MacPerl to 70M.

				Doug Spore