Re: [MacPerl] 3D Ball 2.1 question

> First let me say if I could write this program I'd quit my day job.

I'll take that as a compliment.

> The question I have about 3D Ball 2.1 is about the motion of the ball. When
> I run the program the ball moves very slowly, and is jerky in its motion.
> The program also seems to stop while it is calculating its next movement.
> However, when I just move the mouse every thing is quite the oppsite.
<snip>
> I am running MacPerl version 5.2.0r4, on an Ice/Blue 300 G3, with 128 Meg
> of ram, and OS 8.5.1. I have bumped up MacPerl to 70M.

I experience the same behavior.

I have found that if I insert an audio CD, start it playing, and then
stop it, pause it, or change tracks, the slowness is much reduced until
the next reboot. I don't know why this works.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I suspect it only occurs on
iMacs/blue&white G3s, because our iMac has the problem, but our 6500/250
does not.

BTW, I believe that the slowdown is occuring at the call to
WaitNextEvent().

--
 Kevin Reid: |    Macintosh:
  "I'm me."  | Think different.