Re: [MacPerl] Modify folder sort order settings?

At 11:48 PM -0700 1999/5/31, Larry F. Allen-Tonar wrote:
>Kevin,
>I believe the information is stored in the hidden Desktop information file
>on the CD volume; you cannot change the default that is read in when the
>CD is mounted, any View information is bit-bucketted when the CD is
>commandr-Y dismounted (or dragged to trash) or the Mac it was mounted on is
>rebooted.
>
>I suspect that one might open each folder and change the View method
>using MacPerl to follow the directory structure,
>then sending appropriate Apple Events to the Finder; however, the Apple
>Events part is beyond my area of interest and knowledge and I imagine
>it would be rather _SLOW_.  Ugh.
>
>Otherwise, since this information is kept up-to-date by Finder
>(as far as I know, not the MacOS), you might operate on the
>in-memory image of Finder to change the appropriate control structure
>entries, but that is likewise beyond my area of interest and knowledge
>and would be a fragile solution -- not transportable to other
>version of Finder.  (Something not to be attempted any sane person
>or even any insane person with any sort of life.)  ;}

Sorry, I'm burning CD's and what get's put on the CD is what's on the hard
drive -- including the sort orders, so I want to touch each directory
(while it's on my hard drive) and change the sort orders.  Then when I burn
the CD it will remember the order the script set.

I only need to do this once before I make the cd, so speed isn't a great
issue, and I don't need to do it each time the folder is opened.  I can
take what Chris suggested and make it do what I want (although I was hoping
for a more Perl solution, but whatever works 8-)

Thanks - Kevin