Re: [MacPerl] Modify folder sort order settings?

Kevin,
I believe the information is stored in the hidden Desktop information file
on the CD volume; you cannot change the default that is read in when the
CD is mounted, any View information is bit-bucketted when the CD is
commandr-Y dismounted (or dragged to trash) or the Mac it was mounted on is
rebooted.

I suspect that one might open each folder and change the View method
using MacPerl to follow the directory structure,
then sending appropriate Apple Events to the Finder; however, the Apple
Events part is beyond my area of interest and knowledge and I imagine
it would be rather _SLOW_.  Ugh.

Otherwise, since this information is kept up-to-date by Finder
(as far as I know, not the MacOS), you might operate on the
in-memory image of Finder to change the appropriate control structure
entries, but that is likewise beyond my area of interest and knowledge
and would be a fragile solution -- not transportable to other
version of Finder.  (Something not to be attempted any sane person
or even any insane person with any sort of life.)  ;}

--
Regards, Larry F. Allen-Tonar        (larryat@cts.com) +1 760/746-6464 (voice)
         Principal Designer                              +1 760/746-0766 (FAX,