Re: [MacPerl] use English..no short name

On Fri, Jun 04, 1999 at 03:42:11PM +1000, Peta Adams / John Murray wrote:
> A Quickie...
>
> I see @ARGV ok even if no "use English" command.
>
> Is this right:
> * Unless "use English", special variables default is short names. If no
> short name, then default is medium name.

I'm not sure what you mean by "default".  Without 'use English', variables
with one-character names can only be referred to by those one-character
names.  'use English' allows you to use their long and short English names
as well, but even with 'use English' you can still use the one-character
names.  'use English' has no effect on @ARGV, because @ARGV only has one
name.

Ronald