Re: [MacPerl] FAQ please

At 22.27 -0400 1999.06.06, Donald Huebschman wrote:
>	The macperl preferences lead me to "Other" settings where a button
>would launch internet config. However, it launched Internet
>configuration control panel, which did not have any helper setting.

It does indeed.  It is hidden.  Select Advanced User Mode.

>Starting Internet Config 1.4 let me set the editor.  Question 1, why did
>I get the control panel and not the application and they seem to be
>setting different preferences.

They set the same preferences, and you can use either one to set the
preferences.  You can set your User Name with the Control Panel and then go
change it again later with the IC app.

>	A neighbor is using Gossamer-threads(
>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/
>)links program on his ISP(unix). He uses and builds his site on Macs. I
>was trying to look into a problem he was having the ISP cutting him off for
>excessive cpu time. I though I would try to see how MacPerl would handle
>it. The first problem I ran into was that the cgi scripts were longer
>than the MacPerl editor and SimpleText would handle, i.e. BBEdit. I can
>syntax check the cgi but I can't save it as a CGI since it is not in a
>MacPerl editor window. Question 2, is how do I save something that is
>bigger than MacPerl can handle?

By editing it in BBEdit with the BBEdit menu in MacPerl.  Save a file as
CGI Script (or "CGI Script (Taint Check)" if you have it), then close it
and select it from the "Edit..." menu under BBEdit in MacPerl.

If you have BBEdit 5.1, you can open the files directly from within BBEdit,
and export any files as CGI Script, Runtime, or any other format MacPerl
supports.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])