Re: [MacPerl] unknown error question

You know I tried to figure out why it would complain about the variable
being used only once when MacPerl doesn't require you to declare
variables there is a possibility that you would only use the variable
once.

BTW this is all of the code.  I was having the warning in some other code
and decided to paste it into a new window and try it.  So,  I guess what
I am saying is, this doesn't make sense.  As with computers, I have found
out, not making sense is normal.  I am use to retyping errors and other
variable related errors, but telling you that you have only used a
variable once does not make sense.  I guess someone out there knew
exactly what they were doing when they put it in there.

One of the respondents mentioned the keyword "my."  Am I to understand
this is a way of declaring local variables?  I have looked for it in
documentation but haven't run across it yet.  I use Chris & Vicki's book
and the on-line documentation.

Thanks a bunch for the overwhelming response.

Robert Pollard