[MacPerl] PERl or Applescript

Hi

I'm just starting to get my head around CGI scripting but am a bit
confused. I administer a Mac server running Webstar 2.0 (I've got
WebStar 3.0 trial on my machine). Probably my most important project
over next 6 months is to redesign our Web site to include ability to
accept application information online directly into a database
(Filemaker Pro) and possibly setting up an online bookstore. I plan to
keep the Mac Web server (maybe upgrade hardware & software).

In this respect learning CGI will be helpful but should I learn CGI
scipting in Perl or Applescript?? I reread my WebStar manual which
mentioned Applescript is preferable 'cause it supports synschronous
processing.

This is urgent as I have 2 CGI/Perl books sitting on my desk waiting to
be read!

Thanks.

--
Steven Bonner - Internet Analyst